Stone House Jackson Volunteer Fire Department

Member E-mail

Upcoming Events

There are currently no events
2022 Responses
Fire EMS
Jan 112 321
Feb 89 267
Total 201 588

2021 Responses
Fire EMS
Jan 84 252
Feb 75 219
Mar 85 253
Apr 109 256
May 101 300
Jun 99 298
Jul 97 309
Aug 89 323
Sep 74 338
Oct 80 296
Nov 92 328
Dec 124 306
Total 1109 3478

Past Responses
Fire EMS
2021 1109 3478
2020 1274 4232
2019 1483 4341
2018 1201 4107
2017 1272 4181
2016 1322 4232
2015 1232 3852
2014 1164 3950
2013 1173 3726
2012 1207 3840
2011 1252 3964
2010 1148 3902
2009 1128 3752
2008 1245 3799

Website Traffic
Visitors From
February 15, 2007
Visitors Today
May 20, 2024


Stonewall Jackson Volunteer Fire Department and Rescue Squad's first meeting took place on November on 1969 at Treasurer Tom Langan's Home. From that meeting forward Stonewall would continue to grow, develop, and flourish into one of Prince William Counties elite volunteer stations.

Our first few meetings were held at a variety of locations; At prominent members houses, the Old Stone House on Sudley, and the Ben Lomond Farm House  at the Sudley Estate (now Sudley Manor Road). On August 7th, 1969 SJVFD received its Certificate of Incorporation.

In the 1970's we grew quite rapidly. we purchased our first vehicle, a 1968 3/4 ton carry all Station Wagon from Fairfax for $1800.00. The carry all station wagon served as SJVFD's first ambulance and was housed behind the Ben Lomond House. On November 26, 1974 it would be donated to the Cedar Run District Vol. Rescue Squad. Our first President was John Prunty, and our first Chief was John Horstman. While searching for a site to house a permanent station, the Weaver Brothers (who owned the Ben Lomond Farm) allowed the station to house its apparatus temporarily in a shed by the barn. In September the Weaver Brothers, Inc donated 1 1/2 acres across from Sinclair Elementary School on Garner Ct. There was much debate about the site and its location and came down to a vote in January of 1971 of the Prince William County Supervisors Board.  The land was acquired, and allotted for SJVFD to build a permanent station. Units were housed at the Prince William Electic Co-op during construction, completed in 1972.


April 4th 1971 SJVFD officially began running fire calls and on Rescue calls on April 13th of 1971. Between the start dates and September 30th SJVFD ran 233 calls.

In 1978 PWC DFR placed a paid 'day crew' at the station. They would staff Monday-Friday, 0600-1800. Not until January 8th of 1997 would a 24 hour paid medic be housed in the station.

NFPA 1500 standards for firefighting came out in 1987 and changes were made to the way SJVFD ran and operated its trucks. W-11 (1976 Hahn), E-11 (1985 Hahn), and T-11 (1986 Hahn/Seagrave) were motified to hold 4 firefighters (T-11 5FF's), modifications included seat mounted SCBA harnesses and seatbelts.

July of 1992 SJVFD would find itself with a new hose tower, several offices, and a female bunk room.

In 2000 the PWC FRA introduces Chapter 9.

Through the years SJVFD has established itself in the community and continues to dedicate itself to the preservation of life and property through education, quality emergency medical care, and effective fire suppression and hazard mitigation.



History of Chiefs

History of Presidents

Apparatus List


Website Designed and Hosted By:
Firehouse Solutions
Website Maintained By the Proud Volunteers of the
Stone House Volunteer Fire & Rescue
7814 Garner Drive, Manassas, VA 20109
Emergency Dial 9-1-1
Copyright © 2024 Firehouse Solutions (A Service of Technology Reflections, Inc.)